Facts about DREWSEN SPEZIALPAPIERE
Turnover (Mio. €):
We ship to more than 70 countries!
Mission and Values
We are a family enterprise working efficiently to produce individual and Specialised Papers We sell our papers and our services on national and international markets.
Our Special Papers are tailor-made to meet our specific customers’ needs. They are profitable and provide us with chances to invest and grow. Our preference is not to compete with papers that are produced by pulp-integrated commodity paper mills.
Our long term aim is to protect the profitability and growth of our enterprise on behalf of our customers, employees and shareholders with professionalism of the highest calibre. The goal of all employees is the entrepreneurial success of the business.
We therefore pay close attention to ensure that we act in a sustainable way by considering all the economic, ecologic, and social aspects.
- We are a customer and market orientated business.
- We aim to have long-term relations with our customers.
- We discuss and develop new, innovative products in line with the market and in close partnership with our customers in order to achieve the optimum benefit for both sides.
- We aim at constant adaption of our products and services to meet customers’ needs.
- We rely on qualified and committed employees.
- We have high quality standards which we regularly prove by certification.
- Continuous improvement also arises from the ideas of all our employees, because everyone is the expert in their field. All senior managers are duty bound to take up the ideas of their employees, to check and validate them thoroughly, and to support their implementation.
- The goals on the way to continuous improvement are determined by the company’s management. Progress is shown by an index. The management encourages all employees to actively support all actions for the achievement of our goals.
With 480 years of papermaking experience we are one of the longest established paper manufacturers in Europe. Please find below a short synopsis of our history.
|1538||Founded by the Duke of Braunschweig and Lueneburg|
Start of the first Paper Machine
|1877||Start of the second Paper Machine|
A new Paper Machine (PM1) replaces the old machinery
Start of PM 2
First natural gas-fired steam boiler in the German paper industry
|1978||Implementation of Electronic Control Systems|
|1985 - 87||
Full Modernisation of PM 1 and PM 2
|1994||Start of a biological waste water treatment plant|
|1998||Modernisation of size press and end section of PM 1|
|2000||PM 5: New installation incl. production building and reel wrapping hall|
|2000||Start of a combined heat and power plant (CHP) with 16 MW electrical power|
|2005||PM 2: Modernisation of drive and press section|
|2009||PM 2: Installation of a film press|
|2010||PM 5: Installation of a film press|
|2013||Cutting Department: Implementation of a ream wrapping machine
|2014||Cutting Department: Implementation of sheet cutter Pemco
|2015||Additive Preparation: Implementation of a coating kitchen
|2016||Start of the sales agency DREWSEN SPECIAL PAPERS USA